New raised bed

So the wet weather eventually subsided for a while and we were able to venture to our plot. In need of a spring clean, we set about moving a few things and started on constructing the large raised bed. Behind the raspberry patch, this area was pretty easy to start with, as there were relatively no weeds, and the soil in a small mound. We used wood from the palettes we had left over from our previous raised beds. After removing any old nails, and dug out holes for the solid posts, we then measured the spaces, cut the palette wood to size and screwed into place. This year’s adjustment in an attempt to make the beds a little more weather resistant, we added metal washers. Luckily the other beds have stayed in pretty good shape since we made them last year.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s